Monday, November 23, 2015

NWVeg Vegan ThanksGiving 2015




On Sunday Oct 22nd, I and about 300 veg-spectrum folks(vast majority vegan) gathered for the 12th annual Compassionate Thanksgiving. It was held at Oaks Park Pavilion for the second year in a row, which was a quick 15min bike ride from my house in Brooklyn neighborhood, along the SpringWater Corridor.

My housemate and I got in for free in exchange for volunteering, and we ended up setting up recycling/compost bins, and sorting them out at the end. A few of my other collective mates joined me as well, and we feasted on delicious food, made new friends, and gave a valiant effort during the trivia rounds.

I also signed up to mentor a local person  transitioning to veganism, starting in the new year! There is a similar program via Vegan Outreach.

Lastly, they showed  a great sneak peak of the upcoming Vegan: Everyday Stories movie NWVeg is backing:








*Photos courtesy Deanna Cintas








https://nwveg.org/thanksgiving

"Join Northwest VEG, other vegans, vegetarians, and veg-curious people as we celebrate community and healthy plant-based food. This 12th annual vegan Thanksgiving potluck will stimulate your palate and give you the opportunity to meet new people."

1 comment: